Monday, June 21, 2010

Green Smoothies

Folks who visit and stay with us know I am huge fan (and pusher) of green smoothies. They are my favorite breakfast option, especially in this crazy heat. Any combination of spinach, frozen berries, chia and flax seeds, peanut butter, plain yogurt, bananas, the options are endless. Whirl 'em up in my magic bullet (awesome) and you are set for the day!

I was spreading the green smoothie religion to our friend Becca who works with the nutrition of the Durham school district. She was skeptical but was willing to try these smoothies with the kiddos..

and check out the results!!!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

That is awesome!! I'v been doing vanilla yogurt and vanilla protein powder with bananas, berries, spinach, and all of the seeds. Tasty :)

MissScientistSF said...

Whoohoo.. I am changing the world one smoothie at a time :)

Haley v. said...

You are such a trend-setta! Now if its the cool thing to do, I gotta give it a try...gotta stay cool with the kiddos ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the friendly link to our Growing Gardeners blog. I'm happy to know where the smoothie recipe originated :)