Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wed on the 4th of July


Aside from being reeeeeeally soon and requiring all sorts of "get with it-ness," what do we think about getting married on the 4th of July? Hacienda del Flores is still available that day, and then not again until the end of October. Not making any final decisions, just curious what people think.

Fireworks could be a fun (and cheap for us!) grand finale, but are we worried about lots of drunk folks on the road and other holiday weekend concerns? It would make anniversaries easy, engaged on Christmas Day and married on the 4th!

Does it work with our "mexican chic" theme?

Discuss, and let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't even thought about the fireworks. . .I am all for it if that is what you want to do

julina said...

Lurker here, but thought I'd pipe up since I grew up in the Orinda/Moraga area (and was in a wedding at the Hacienda a few years ago)...

There won't be any drunk folks - it's not that type of area. Mostly families. Plus the Hacienda is off the main road, so no one would bother you there. Depending on when your wedding is over there might be a bit of traffic if it coincides with the end of the fireworks. But nothing dangerous or anything.

Be warned that the 4th of July is notoriously freezing... I have memories of watching Moraga's fireworks wearing my ski jacket and wrapped in a sleeping bag! The wedding I was in at the Hacienda was on Labor Day weekend, and they had to rent outdoor heaters to keep us warm for the reception on the patio. If you want a warm outdoor wedding in Moraga, you're more likely to get that in October than July.

That said, the 4th would be pretty cool--I think you might actually be able to see the fireworks from the Hacienda. Or, if you can't quite see them, you'd certainly hear them!

e said...

Sounds super fun to me!

Andrea said...

I think it could definitely work (coming from someone who had a unique wedding date).

I also know that even though I had almost a year to plan, I left everything to the last few months (bad, I know). So I think you could do it with a date only five months away!