Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I've made it my mission to get out of this funk, including:

1) Lots of "discussions" with Deirdre about how ridiculous certain lab situations are and dreaming of the day (not too far away) when they will be all graduated and gone and we will rule the lab.

2) Listening to a new Black Star album. Hip hop rhymes by Talib Kwali and Mos Def made me feel too tough to let other people get me down.

3) Planning the Valentine's Day cards I want to make this weekend with my fabulous Martha glitter (thanks Em!)

4) Getting lots of science done. I love checking off lists.

5) Inviting the friends I am so fortunate to have here to a Brett Dennen concert tonight. I remember when I was in high school and dealing with selling my beloved horse. I was SO down one night at dinner with my parents, and I told them there was a concert I was interested in seeing, a band called the Pathetics. They encouraged me to go and call a boy from the sporting goods store I was working at to take me, and it was the best pick me up. My parents are awesome.

6) Enjoying more pictures from the wedding last weekend. There are some great ones of the serenade and the dancing.

7) Wearing my amazing coat to get a coconut latte. Of course.

Thanks for helping me turn my day around!

3 comments:

MrsEm said...

Oooh, send me a copy of the new album?

MissScientistSF said...

Ya, I am putting together a box of goodies for ya, and this is included. You are going to love it!

MrsEm said...

Oo la la :)