Monday, February 09, 2009

Dresses

The sun is shining and I am a much happier camper than last week. Back to planning this wedding! Well, we've narrowed the venue down and are still waiting on some input from friends and family but will probably plan a trip home soon to actually decide. So I've been having fun looking at other details. I found these pretty cute and reasonably affordable dresses at Bloomingdales. What do you think?

First Find: Like the "Grecian" feel, my favorite prom dress was one shoulder, kind of fun?

Second Find: Classic, I can pull off strapless dresses, kind of like the black bow?

I know it will depend on the venue, but nice to know there are other sources than JCrew and crazy wedding dress stores to look at!

6 comments:

MrsEm said...

Fun! The first is very Mrs. O. And the second: we could ditch that sash and make our own with some bright ribbon and silk poppies.

MissScientistSF said...

oh ya, it does look like her ball gown! haha, awesome. I like the idea of the sash re-configuring, as well. maybe I will see if I can return them and order a few to see if I like them!

e said...

I like the top one but making a poppy sash sounds SO great!

Anonymous said...

I think the second one would be more flattering

Anonymous said...

I think you need something sassy and tiered! Something a little senorita-ish! Not many women can pull of tiers, but since you're so tiny, you totally could. Something along these lines: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2920446?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=dresses:women:dress&cm_ite=bcbgmaxazria_lace_%26_tulle_tier_gown:175357&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=B362B03B-95F7-DD11-80C2-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds.!! Both dresses are pretty awesome.