Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Budgeting

Like everyone, we are trying to pitch our pennies more than usual in this crunch time. We decided a few months ago to allot one relatively frivolous purchase per month. Welcome Miss February!!

I have always wanted a JCrew coat and this is as lovely as I had imagined. Thinsulate lined, extra 30% off, in my size, it just had to happen. I like our budgeting system, it makes you really think about every purchase and ignore quick impulse shopping that never seems to pan out as well. But, it is just the first week of February, so I will let you know how I am holding up in a few weeks!

3 comments:

MrsEm said...

You could wear that as your "exit" coat at the wedding!

MissScientistSF said...

I know! I thought about that. Definitely will make a wedding appearance :) So nice to have an event to justify purchases even more!

e said...

I LOVE that coat! Great call!