Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I read too much apartment therapy...


Urban Outfitters. Sometimes I forget that they do more then hipster paradise tight jeans.

Although I am rocking a fabulous Obama t-shirt from my Mom from there... but anyways.

I have been trying to scope the internet for good deals for furnishing and decorating the new house (Linens n' Things is having a great sale on lamps!), since that is way more important than the whole hot water heater thing, you know.

Some good finds:

1. This sofa/bed. I have been debating about the "spare" room. Never having had any room that didn't have a dedicated purpose (or three), this freedom is blowing my mind. I definitely want guest room capabilities, but I think it would be silly to have the room entirely dedicated to it, but having a full size bed. Futons are nice, but I want something a little classier. Room and Board has beautiful pull out sofas, for about $1,700. Not quite our budget. I wonder if this sofa/bed is actually comfortable though? Love the design/color/simplicity.

2. This little jewelry dish is just precious. And maybe would finally organize my earrings?

3. Love these hooks, but in the theme of this entire endeavor, I am pretty sure I could make them myself.

4. Not sure where it would go, but I kinda like this rug. Or this one. Totally different, I realize. But for that price.. why not?!

Anyways, fun to look. Good to remind myself in 6 months when buying a rug is actually a priority. We are on day two of showering at the gym. I am gonna be super buff!

2 comments:

MrsEm said...

I love those hooks too. How exactly are you thinking that you'll make them?

Sara said...

i love apartment therapy :) they even posted my question about a daybed! (which we still haven't picked and are waiting on again).

can i just say, for like the 5 millionth time, how impressed i am at your whole house resotration thing! if im ever passing through that part of the country im going to come sleep on your guest sofa ;)