Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Doing my part


Today I rounded up a few fabulous bio ladies and we all went to donate blood. I like knowing I am contributing in some small part to help people who's situations are far worse than mine. Our world is too often filled with completely unexpected tragedies that are so impossible to prepare for, but hopefully my little red blood cells can patch someone up.

I do have incredibly low blood pressure however, and went through my traditional, "whoops, gonna pass out," at the very end, but the Red Cross staff did an excellent job of giving me juice and keeping me laughing and the crisis was avoided. I know everyone has plenty of reasons not to donate, but there are so many more reasons to. Go to the Red Cross website to find a blood donation drive near you and do your part.

No comments: