Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Favorite Thing!


I have a new favorite thing. Aveda Institutes. I pretty much didn't get my hair cut ever after leaving (or passing her along to Emily) my beloved stylist Nikki at G-Squared in SF. But it was getting a little rough. But being a slightly broke grad student, I couldn't really fork out Nikki-esque prices for a new 'do. Enter.. Aveda Institute. Ya, they are all students, so you do run a risk of newbies, but there are tons of teachers wandering about and chances are you'll get someone good. And.. it is insanely cheap. And you get lotsa little perks like tea and a facial and makeup touch-up afterwards. My cut isn't the best I've ever gotten but it is definitely cleaned up and looking a lot better. And due to the low price I splurged on some fancy Aveda products. "The art and science of pure flower and plant essences." Anything that has science plus plant in it's slogan is okay with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Hooray for stylin' school.