Monday, September 11, 2006


I've really started working in my new lab. Which is awesomely exciting and I love learning all the new stuff and getting to use my skills from previous labs. One skill I wasn't planning on needed so much was my experience on the cryostat. It paid off today. I spent about 3 hours sectioning one tiny frog brain into about 600 little pieces on or so slides. It is going to be great once I have them all done, but kind of a pain in the neck (literally) to do, even though this one is a fancy new one with a foot pedal that automatically advances the section (nerdy, but seriously awesome). About an hour in to it, I realized this was one time that having my amazingly awesome SLVR cellphone (which I am usually kinda embarrassed about cuz it is so gear head fantastic). I just uploaded the new G-Love and the Special Sauce album "Lemonade" which was the perfect blend of upbeat tunes to keep me chopping away happily.

Until 6 when my new UNC amiga and I tore it up at our weekly hiphop dance class. We are the oldest people in there by far (a girl today was wearing a shirt that said "Seniors (highschool) Class of 2006!!) but we have the most spirit, and the least amount of natural talent. But we love it, so that is all that matters.

No comments: