Tuesday, July 18, 2006




Today I went to a tonselectomy. It was SO nuts!! I got all scrubbed up and walked in right as they were putting the child under. She was quite large and it was a bit sketchy about making sure she could breathe correctly. Finally everything was alright and the surgeon collected a couple nasal biopsies for me. I quickly embedded them and then asked if I could stick around and watch. No one seemed to mind so I got to stay and try to stay out of everyone's way. All I can say is I am glad I had my tonsils out already, if I knew how icky that operation was I dunno if I could do it again. Well, yes I could, because having them out has made everything 200x's better, but man on man, what a crazy day! It is also funny seeing how doctors act and chat while the patient is out.. a great behind the scenes look. I am going to miss my impromptu medical training sessions!!

1 comment:

MrsEm said...

Eww! Isn't that notoriously one of the most disgusting surgeries?!