Saturday, July 29, 2006

Prolouge






The Pre-Stage of the Tour de America. After several days of panicking at random moments (This is my last run to the DeYoung), packing, and eating very well with lots of friends, I finally slid my keys under our apartment door mid morning Wednesday. Easy drive down, a drive I have done a thousand times. I know it like the back of my hand.
Food: same old, same old.. burrito from the taqueria next to the palm reader in Prunedale.
Tunes: Loving Ben Harper, got the new album and started listening to his old stuff again. Repeats of "Gone to Carolina" by James Taylor, which strangely doesn't really make sense at all, lyrically. Warren Zevon, my kryptonite.. brings back all the emotions of leaving my Bubs for Costa Rica. Really just cruel but I can't help it. Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" if you ever need a boost, imagine he is singing this one directly to you.

So hopefully I will keep this up as our crosscountry endeavor begins. There should be about 8 stages, if all goes well. Stage One is tomorrow, SLO to Needles. The car is packed, tuned up, and spotles.. everyone wish us luck!

1 comment:

MrsEm said...

I love the "Tour de America" reference!