Friday, July 21, 2006

Last Day!


Today is my last day at UCSF. It is very bittersweet. Yesterday my lovely coworkers threw me a going away party with lemon cake (my favorite!). The entire pathology department came and wished me well and warned me of alligators. My best boss in the whole world gave me a beautiful redwood platter that was turned on a lathe. We said our goodbyes yesterday, as he usually is in Sacramento on Friday's. I was totally not ready to say goodbye yet. I cannot even describe how lucky I am that a year ago he ignored me when I said I was wholly unqualified for this job, and took a chance on me anyways. It has changed the future of my career in SO many ways and opened up a thousand doors that never would have been there for me before (no offense plant biochemistry). I am writing him one serious thank you letter, and will honestly keep in touch.
Immediately after all this good cheer, I was rethinking the whole decision. Then I got the call from the morgue. One last adventure.. and possibly the grossest one ever. It was kismet to help me realize that this move is definitely a wonderful thing. Thank you UCSF for a wonderful year, but I am done with those stinky tracheas for a while!

No comments: