Friday, May 12, 2006

Week in Retrospect


This has been a lovely week. Quite unlike most of the other weeks leading up to it, due to the lack of two trips to the pool, long runs, and bike rides. Sometimes it is nice to take a break.. Here are things I learned this week:
1. The recipe for recovering from Wildflower : Copious amounts of Sooth-A-Caine, a steady stream of Advil, pedicures and manicures from Dolci spa and as much food as possible, especially nachos, ice cream and cottage cheese with triscuits.
2. The thing to avoid after Wildflower.. doing yoga class too soon. It just becomes a stressful, painful, embarrasing, debacle.
3. I am remarkably good at flip cup. And pool. But I think this is just due to being very, very, drunk.
4. I am not remarkably good at kickball. Maybe this would be helped if I was more drunk?
5. I have very limited artistic ability, I am aware of this. But I am damn good at construction paper cut outs.
6. I need to live here in the fall. It is imperative.
7. It takes forever and a half to get from 16th and Harrison to little Marina Green fields. But oh man, it is beautiful out there.

That's about it, I guess. Having a lazy friday, work has been kinda slow this week as we are in between projects and there are no tracheas to be found. Off to have lunch with Emily and then downtown to drop off my fancy new jeans at the best hemming place in SF (according to nathalee). And hey, if I paid a ridiculous amount for these jeans.. I am not skimping on the hemming! A man I met at the NIH was just on Talk of the Nation Science Friday, talking about the bird flu. That just rocked my world. Tonight we have swim lessons at Hamilton (I am just now realizing I am going to look ridiculous with my wicked shorts tan) and then home to clean our barn-like apartment for my visiting amiga Jen who arrives tomorrow. We have some wedding planning activities to do for her, and then KFOG KaBOOM! The best fireworks ever!! And maybe a bike ride tomorrow morning and bay swim with friends Stacey and Ben on Sunday.. so life is back to the way it was. OH well, it was a nice break while it lasted. Ciao :)

No comments: