Tuesday, May 16, 2006

la difference?? Sucking!


So we all know I have this problem with online shopping. Mostly that I hate its delayed gratification, unsure sizing, and sketchy shipping. But it is SUCH a great deal. And man, I really do hate battling Union Square on a Friday afternoon (although that is where I have found myself nearly every Friday afternoon.) So I am really trying to get into this online shopping. Some favorites:

Eyes Lips Face- great cheap makeup that doesn't make you weep horribly when it crashes down from the precarious rack that holds it due to the utter lack of counter space in the bathroom.

JCrew- More just for dreaming about beautiful shoes and even more beautiful weddings. Seriously, have you seen their "wedding album" pictures?? TO DIE FOR!

FayCullen- Antique bling. Soooo pretty :) Again, not really practical though.

Trunkshop- I am very happy with my pretty gold bird necklace. Especially when paired with my virgin mary charm from Emily. It embodies my entire religious belief system.

I guess I don't really have many practical websites. But I do have one that is now on my blacklist. LaRe-freaking-doute. I had been eyeballing their stuff for a while, cheap, cute, french. But it wasn't until a free shipping offer was discovered that I finally gave in. And.. they had my perfect pencil denim skirt back in stock. And a super cute white eyelet blouse. I threw in a couple other things that I kinda liked, and some requests from Emily, and off I was.. online shopping! However, the other shoe has fallen. I got an email today announcing my order had been shipped. Hooray. Except the skirt order has been cancelled and the white blouse is backordered until late June. FANTABULOUS!

sorry em.. i know you liked this place. don't worry.. YOUR order shipped just fine. lousy french!

3 comments:

MrsEm said...

Oh no! All my things arrived but none of yours? That's not fair!

MissScientistSF said...

I still got a sweater and a tank, but not the things I was actually interested in.. just filler stuff cuz i was making the order. They haven't arrived yet, but they have been shipped.

Rachie-Babe said...

I love eyeslipsface! Very nice and cheap!!!