Friday, April 28, 2006

New things I love:


So in a quick recap, here are some of the highlights of the last couple weeks:
1. I got new sneaks. Except mine are purple. SO comfy. So begins my slippery slide down in to the grad student jeans and tee's uniform.

2. I got a new phone. And even better.. wayyy cheaper than that website makes it seem. Which I feel redeems my coolness against the purple sneaks. So, I guess I am about even.

3. I got a new haircut. Well, not really a new haircut, but more of a touch up. And I love my stylist, Nikki. And I am very glad all my recruits to her like her as well. And I got some sweet glossing stuff for recruiting, which makes it alllll worth it. Even though I get very nervous that she is going to dye their hair orange or something and they will hate it. Except she did dye Emily's hair orange.. but she seems to like it. J/K, your hair looks awesome Em!

4. T-monster and I have begun volunteering at Hamilton Pool, giving swim lessons (which roughly translates into attempting to thwart the 20 kids out of 100 trying to drown themselves at any given time). Challenging definitely, but it feels great to give back. Bonus: free swimming whenever we want! Hooray.

5. This swim stuff is good, cuz next weekend is Wildflower Triathlon. And that scares me a WHOLE lot. Definitely looking forward to getting that done with, and then laughing at the crazy people who do this insane sport when we volunteer at Escape from Alcatraz. Up next on the race schedule for me is the Lake Tahoe Relay which will be a lovely 8-10 mile jaunt, at altitude with some old Davis friends, and then San Jose International Tri. I am excited about being Trent's race crew while he does the Olympic distance, and then kicking butt (of the maybe three other girls in my race) on the Mountain bike race. We are switching places from last year!

6. Enough sporty stuff. This Saturday, T is gonna be my buddy (since Em is ditching me) at the latest Feria Urbana. Gotta stock up on cute little goodies for upcoming birthdays, mother's day, and all the freaking weddings this September!

7. I've become obsessed with growing my hair long. Maybe not that long.. but it has been like.. 10 years (geeze, i am getting old) since I have had hair longer than barely shoulder. I know it isn't the most flattering look on me, but for some reason I am totally determined. Any hints? Ken?? Haha. Sorry.

8. Picnic Day was awesome. I love being an Aggie. But I am very excited about being a Tarheel in the frighteningly near future. I just got an email today asking what class I would like to TA. I am not ready!!! But very excited. We are planning a long weekend out there to find a sweet huge apartment.. for $700. You are so jealous.

Um, ya.. that was good wrap up. I will probably think of other stuff, but the French guys showed up again so I am starting to feel guilty about sitting on my behind while I probably should be working. Ahhhh, right. Time to feed the cells then meet up with Bubs for 3pm margarita's at his office. Fabulous! Then swim lessons. Nothing like a little Jose Cuervo to take the edge off the screaming children! Ciao

No comments: