Monday, January 23, 2006

to all the shoes I've loved before...


Pretty slow day at the lab. Making some RNA and dealing with some funny looking cells that apparently went on strike over the weekend. This weekend was great, a perfect combination of being out and busy with friends, and being a lazy bum at home with bubby. It was also a great shopping weekend, not like I need more of those financially, but this was banner good deals and good finds. It made me realize that I really like shoes. All sorts of shoes. Hereby.. a girly list:

1. Best running shoes . A long time devotee of New Balance, I am absolutely digging my new green and silver Asic speed machies. It is amazing what some new kicks will do for speed and reduced knee soreness. Thanks to the homies at Sports Basement, and Emily, who put up with me trying on every single pair and sprinting crazily through the baseball department.

2. Best work shoes . I am on my feet nearly eighty percent of the time I am at work. So cute high heels.. not an option. And although these Clarks aren't adorabe.. they are ridiculously comfortable and not toooo shabby looking, I think. Plus, it means my papa and I wear the same type of shoes.. which is kinda fun to think about.

3. Shoes I currently covet. These beauties caught my eye at Bandolino's this weekend. Totally impractical, absolutely gorgeous. I imagine myself serving mint julips on my screened in porch in North Carolina wearing these bad boys.

4. Best compromise . My excellent find this weekend. These flats from Aldo, are at once practical (ballet flats are so comfortable and work appropriate) as well as stylishly awesome (paten leather and a velvet bow.. i love it!). Top it off with a $19.99 pricetag and I was sold!

5. Best option ever . Can you ever go wrong with these. No. I know it is a California thing, but these are the most appropriate shoe in about 99% of situations. Scrambling on rocks, dressed up for town.. these are the winners :)

6. New Necessity . A lot of schools I am looking at have this crazy phenomenon called.. snow. Tricky stuff, apparently really cold and not so condusive to peep toe pumps. More practical than uggs, yet snuggle-tastically warm.

So ya.. I like shoes.

No comments: