Thursday, January 26, 2006


oh i do have something interesting to blog about. yay.
SO... throughout this week's massive spring cleaning, I have been stashing stuff in the hallway that we didn't want any more and have been keeping a meticulous list of everything out there for the "surplus" guys to pick up. I guess you just call them and they come.. and take it away somewhere? Anyways.. people have started asking me, as well as just pilfering, equipment and chairs and such from the halls. Which I realize is FANTASTIC.. cuz it less stuff for me to move/keep on the list. So I have become this powerful person on the 2nd floor, deciding who gets what and making random people (like the garbage guy and the guy who delivers mouse food to the 3rd floor) really happy.
Today was the height of my power though. There is this homeless guy living outside our building, right by the covered driveway to the morgue. He occasionally wanders in when the weather is bad, but is generally pretty chill. Today I went out to go fax something and there he was. Staring at all the stuff. Now who deserves this stuff more than him? So he is the proud new owner of a fancy little hybridization oven from... maybe 1973. I have no idea what he is gonna do with it, since you have to plug it in.. but he had his heart set on it apparently. It is kinda like a little toaster oven, I guess. Hmm.. oh well. Made his day and made mine even easier.. can't complain about that.

1 comment:

MrsEm said...

Oh Jean! I don't think you should blog about giving away hospital property!