Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Life List


ahhhh, I am such a bad blogger! No more of that. I hope. I guess it is good because it means I am no longer sitting around aimlessly at work, I am a scientist doing science.. stuff! And it rocks.
A lot has been going on, decision-wise, in my life. It is so crazy to be in this situation. I need to decide where I want to live.. for the next .. (I am gonna be optimistic).. 6 years of my life. I know it isn't that long, but man.. it seems fairly daunting. I am gonna definitely "go with the flow" and see what works out.. but it has made me think of some goals I would like to obtain.. ready??
1. A driveway and mailbox. I want to be able to park my car, and get packages.. no problem.
2. Cute athletic wear from Title Nine! . I guess in general, I want to be one of the women they profile in their catologue. They are always happy, successful in their careers and lives, have plenty of time for hobbies and crafting.. I definitely aspire to that.
3. A perfect coat. It is my latest obsessive shopping compulsion. I get this perfect picture in my head and then refuse to settle for anything less. I feel this may be due to the fact that I can afford more of a Forever 21 fur lined atrocity , rather than the classic tan wth leather trim tailored number my heart longs for.
4. Although #3 requires cool weather to properly appreciate the coat.. I need some more warmth in my life. I love shorts. Sorry.. I do. I love summer dresses, bikinis.. the whole nine. Pretty much, the less clothing I have to wear.. within legal limits.. the better. Maybe a place with actual seasons would satisfy this request? Kinda looks bad for Cornell though..
5. A dog. I.. cannot even explain how much I like dogs. Something about their adoring and cheerful nature, probably. I want some scragly charismatic ball of joy to welcome me home, like the cute one that gets soooo excited when the women who lives in the house right outside my lab window gets home. Probably shouldn't kidnap her dog though.. I am already probably creeping her out enough.
6. A garden. Like my new favorite song says.. I love my plants. I want to grow things. I should be good at it, I have a frickin degree in it! It doesn't need to be big.. just a little tomato plant, a gardenia bush, some tulips maybe.. I am not greedy, I swear!
7. And of course, good friends and loved ones around. Especially my bubby!

That is just some of the things I am thinking of. Of course, the school and the people I would be working with are most important. But it is kinda cool to sit back and think of the things that would make it EVEN better. Ciao

No comments: