Thursday, November 03, 2005

random musings...

1. I got an email from my mom today. In it, she exclaimed "You are such a BIG GIRL!!" Exactly as shown. What could have been the cause for this assertion? Because I graduated from university, got a job, and am living with my boyfriend? Oh heavens no, it's because I got car insurance yesterday. But I kind of like the kudos anyways.

2. I have been laser capturing cells all yesterday and today. I finally finished. Hooray. Not that the idea isn't super interesting, it is just pretty mind numbingly boring to do after the first hour. I started seeing what shapes my captured cells looked like (think finding clouds that look like things). My favorites.. the State of California and a cartoon arm complete with five fingers. You'll have to trust me on this one, it was pretty much the most exciting thing that happened.

3. Doing the laser capture, I work in Walt's office. To explain the last post a little bit better, I am just very impressed with how much he does and how he is always ready to help anyone who needs it. I overheard him diagnose causes of death, look up some information for a resident, meet with about half the staff of the Pathology department because they are being audited by hospital "check-er upper's" and are all panicking.. and he never lost his cool. Well one time, this guy was being WAY lame and talking crap about someone who is working really hard down there, and he looked at me and was like, "walt, may we speak privately?" and walt pretty much told him to shove it. Atta boy!

4. I think the weather has changed at least 6 times today. And of course now that I want to go home, it is all gray and icky.

5. Trent comes home today.. and I am very excited about this. I drank too much iced tea studying last night and was up until 12 or later frantically cleaning the house, for no reason. I need to remember this caffine induced cleaning maddness. But I think T-money will be happy about it.

6. I thought I had more to say.. but I can't remember. My brain got lasered along with the cells, probably! Happy Thursday! and get out and see HIGHER GROUND by Warren Miller if you get a chance.. we're going tonight!! And then come skiing in Heavenly! Hooray. Ciao

2 comments:

MrsEm said...

Wasn't Warren Miller "extreme" and "awesome"!? Maybe it was just our show, but people seemed a little too excited about what basically was a commercial for jeep, coats and granola bars with some skiing thrown in. :)

MissScientistSF said...

hahaha.. ya, the product placement was pretty ridiculous.. but it was nice to see there are other crazies like us who get some kind of contact high from watching people nearly kill themselves..