Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving


My favorite holiday. All the fun of Christmas without the buying anxiety. And it doesn't hurt that I have a fabulous birthday thrown right in the mix. I can't wait to see my famiy and show them my fun city!!

I haven't blogged in a while, not that I haven't had lots of interesting things, but more because I have been a sillyhead. But Emily's blog inspired me and I think I would like to say what I am thankful for..

1. The lady at the cafe in the hospital who knows I love my english breakfast tea, and can always tell when I do need that extra macademian nut/white chocolate cookie.
2. Rosebud salve.. it can fix anything.
3. When science works for me.. and even more importantly, that I can keep going even when it doesn't until it does.
4. Trent's amazing support and cheerfulness during these last few weeks of grad school application ickiness. So many thanks for all his encouragement and taking such good care of me.
5. State and National parks. We live in such a beautiful area, and I am so thankful that we have places like Butano State Park and Pt. Reyes National Park so everyone can enjoy them.
6. Walt Finkbeiner. Seriously. He has made this year more amazing than I could ever have imagined.
7. My lovely family, who remind me of the crazy kid I still am, and believes in me and my crazy goals.
8. Emily, for never ceasing to give up on my complete lack of fashion sense and reminding me it is okay to be fabulous.
9. Good health, good friends, and a great city, and a whole lot of adventuring left to do.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone and take the time to thank those people who are important to you. Go eat lots of cranberry sauce!

No comments: