Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Whew


This week has been nuts. I've gone from doing 1 trachea in a month, to 3 in the last week. And today, due to my co-worker's car troubles, I was flying solo here, treating a trachea I dissected yesterday and then going and getting another one and doing the dissection. A few bumps along the way but overall I think it was successful. I am definitely getting used to this whole different side of science, slowly for sure. I have realized I have the coolest, craziest job out there. I love it, but it is super draining some days. There is a reason I was a plant biologist!

Anyways.. just my rambling thoughts, sorry. Moral of the story is.. it is good to learn new things and get outside of your comfort zone. But just make sure you have a good bubby to snuggle with and an entertaining video game (yayy Taq!!) to help you forget half of it.

4 comments:

Erick said...

You dissect human tracheas?

MissScientistSF said...

oh ya.. my job is insane!

MrsEm said...

Did you like the photos? I heard yyou were having a bit of a hard time last night?

MrsEm said...

Ummm...it's been a few days now...don't you think it's time to post something other than a gross illustration of a trachea?