Monday, October 24, 2005


What a weekend!! After crushing the GRE's with my mighty mighty mind powers, T'ster and I dedicated the rest of the weekend to just having fun. And it was certainly that. After chilling at foggy Ocean beach and napping the afternoon away, we headed out to see, believe it or not, the Black Eyed Peas, for free! Many thanks to Jacyth for giving us the heads up. But oh man, what an adventure we had getting there. We are sheltered little lower haight-ians and having to venture out of our known neighborhoods lead to some pretty crazy times. But luckily we met Ozzie, the four foot phillipino powerhouse at some bus stop out by the freeway, and he was our best friend for the rest of the night. And he is either THE coolest, luckiest guy in the entire city.. or a compulsive liar. I am kinda leaning to towards the latter, but hey, if he turns out to be legit.. we lucked out. Anyways.. the concert was awesome. The BEP's put on a great show, even though I am sure they were a bit surprised to only see about 500 folks there. And it was pretty darn chilly. But they rocked and it was just what I needed after all my boring-ness the past few weeks studying. Getting back home was a fiasco and a half, but luckily our man Ozzie kept us safe and we made it home just fine.
Sunday, we headed up north to Bolinas and Point Reyes. Unbelievably beautiful up there, and such a change of pace from the city life. I had forgotten what quiet was like. Everyone should go, there is no excuse not to. And if I come along, I can promise you all the spicy plant sex talk you could ever desire. The picture above is Arch Rock, a great stroll through some beautiful forest all the way to this cool feature at the beach. It looks just like Montana del Oro, my favorite place in SLO, and it was all sunny and warm and fantastic. Unlike today.. man is it cold today.
Thanks to Trent for all the adventures this weekend! My big boss man is back today, and it is great to see him. The cells from the dissections last week are still doing great so it makes all my hard work and trials last week seem worth it. And I will figure out this latest RNA problem.. I will, I will, I will. And know I have to work my bootie off to get ready for tomorrow's SFLAC party at my house.. SO much to do!! I can't wait though. Ciao

1 comment:

T said...

Uzzi I think is how you would spell his name :) like the gun, not the australian