Thursday, September 15, 2005

Keep Your Head Up

ya, sorry the posts have been few and far between.. my world has been tossed up side down lately. I am pretty sure I have learned more in the past few days than I have in a verrrrry long time. At first it was quite overwhelming, and I had some moments when I just wanted to throw my hands up and go be a waitress at Denny's, but the fog is starting to lift (literally and figuratively.. it looks like it is going to be another gorgeous sunny weekend) and I am beginning to feel alright again. I still have a lot to learn, and lot of issues to get over in terms of the dead folks... but today, seeing those tracheal cells taking hold on the flask and regrowing with all their might.. it was pretty darn cool. That woman wanted her organs to help people.. and we are granting her wish. And my big boss man seems to think I am some child protegee.. which is weird cuz I haven't really done anything impressive yet, and he sticks up for me when the woman who has worked her for a bizillion years and knows every inch of the lab makes me feel like an idiot. So I can't complain. I wanted to improve my science-abilities, and that is exactly what I am doing. So I just need to suck it up and do the best I can. This is more of a posting for my own self inspiration.. sorry. But ya, things are good, tomorrow I am in the lab all by myself and actually have stuff to do.. they trust me to do stuff already!!!! Well, the lady doesn't, but her opinion got vetoed by some other folks.. so YAYY, i get to feed the cells all by myself!! Okay, enough of this..
As Garrison Keillor says, Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.

1 comment:

Erick said...

I demand a comment at LEAST once a week!